On February 14th, 1914 at the assembly hall of the Engine House the Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce was established. A nominating committee held an Annual Meeting on February 29th of that same year and the first officers were elected. Presidency was held by Frank Dunn, Vice President Wm. H. McGary, Treasurer O.M. Smith and Secretary was J.D. Perry.
104 years later the Chamber has an eleven member board of directors, hosts 15 major community events per year, decorates the downtown each Christmas season as well as the two town Christmas trees. We also assist in helping other organizations with their own events.
The Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce aligns itself with and works closely with the Town of Houlton, The Town of Houlton’s Community Development director and Southern Aroostook Development Corporation (SADC) to help the town strive and grow.
Our Mission is simple:
“The Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce is organized to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Greater Houlton Area so that it’s citizens and all areas of business and community shall prosper. All necessary means shall be given to economic, civic, commercial, cultural, industrial and educational interests of the area.”
Meduxnekeag River Race
Details coming soon !